The best managed WordPress hosting for busy organizations
Pixel provides servers and services that are tailored specifically for WordPress (hence the name, “managed WordPress host!”). This means your sites will experience the highest quality of performance and security. Beyond the servers, you’ll get features like automated nightly backups and WordPress upgrades that help you manage your sites.
Lightning-fast, reliable site performance
Pixel’s infrastructure is optimized to give your WordPress site maximum uptime and extremely fast page speeds. Our container technology powered by Google Cloud enables us to ramp up instantly to meet traffic spikes, surges, and everything in between.
Pixel’s infrastructure offers the highest-end CPUs and global availability thanks to Google’s C2 machines on their Premium Tier network. Our sites see performance improvements from 30% all the way up to 200% compared to traditional server providers.
Also at no extra cost to you, select the region that works best for you and your customers. Choose from 35 data centres across the world.
If you want, all your website and customer data can be stored in Canada and thus you (and your data) are protected by the Canadian constitution. Once your data travels outside of Canada’s borders, it is open to the laws of the land. In the United States, for example, Canadians have no right to privacy and your website falls under the USA Freedom act.
Free SSL certificates
Pixel customers can take advantage of our Cloudflare integration, which includes automatic and free SSL certificates for all your WordPress sites. Best of all, our free Cloudflare SSLs even support wildcard domains.
Maximum security against hackers and malware
Our rock-solid platform was carefully crafted from every angle to protect your WordPress sites from threats. That means no more stressing about vulnerabilities and far more peace of mind!
Each site has its own dedicated environment, optimized specifically for WordPress. Not only does this maximize performance, it also protects it against bad neighbours like you might have on a shared host. This provides the sites we host major benefits including:
- No need for resource allocation to distribute server CPU, memory, or bandwidth across all sites, like on a shared server.Your site will not go down because someone else's site is hogging resources.
- Increased security, in that even if one site gets infected, the problem can’t and won’t spread to other sites on our infrastructure.
Hosting is $40/month, billed annually; monthly options are available. We offer complimentary website migration when transitioning your site over to Pixel. If your site is also on our maintenance plan, we offer a 10% discount on both services.
Where are our servers located?
What is “Free Zone File Management”?
What kind of security measures do you have on your server and sites you host?
- Our entire server gets backed up nightly to an off-server location. We are alerted if backups fail.
- Our database structure gets backed up nightly to an off-server location. We are alerted if backups fail.
- The server files are only accessible using SSH authentication via keys.
- The server has ISProtect scans run on it weekly to check across all sites/applications if there is anything odd going on.
- The server has a firewall that blocks malicious IPs (too many attempts, backdoor attempts, DDOS-attacks, etc.).
- FTP is disabled, there is only SFTP access using SSH Keys, this is only for developers.
- Clients don't have access to any SFTP/FTP credentials on the server.
- All sites on the server have SSL enabled.
- Server uptime is monitored, along with CPU, memory, and storage usage. Anomalies in this data can indicate malicious activity.
Sites we host
- The entire codebase of the site is stored in GitLab using proper version control methodology.
- The site and database are backed up nightly to an off-server location. We are alerted if backups fail.
- The site has a weekly security scan run on it at the WordPress level.
- All our hosted sites use SSL certificates to force HTTPS access.
- All plugins and WordPress versions are monitored daily and updated immediately if security vulnerabilities are found, otherwise they are updated weekly.
- Site uptime is monitored.