Pixel is a growing digital design, development and business solutions firm with offices in Edmonton, AB and Victoria, BC, and we are looking to add an experienced Level 2 WordPress Support Specialist to our current team of twelve.
About the role
Pixel is seeking a dedicated and skilled Level 2 Support Specialist to join our team. As a Level 2 WordPress Support Specialist, you will be responsible for handling support tickets from our WordPress Maintenance Plan (WMP) that are too technical for our junior support staff but do not require the attention of our product manager. You will also be responsible for executing our routine WordPress maintenance plan alongside other specialists and managers.
Finally you will also be working on small projects (1–3 days) that come from our WordPress projects team. To excel in this role, you should be a skilled multitasker, able to manage your time effectively while providing high-quality support and solutions to our clients.
- Execute Pixel’s WMP product and features, following the defined schedule and tasks provided by the manager.
- Provide feedback on the WMP product and execution, working closely with the WMP Manager and other colleagues.
- Monitor and support site and server downtime, ensuring prompt resolution of issues.
- Provide Level 2 support to clients on WordPress maintenance plan, resolving more complex technical issues.
- Collaborate with junior support staff and product manager to ensure seamless support experience for clients.
- Work on small web development projects (1–3 days) as assigned by the WordPress projects team.
- Manage work-related tickets and projects using digital project management tools.
- Contribute to the improvement of our support processes and documentation.
- Continuously stay up-to-date with the latest WordPress features, plugins, and best practices to provide accurate and efficient solutions.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including clients during onboarding, offboarding, and information gathering processes.
- 3+ years of experience in WordPress support or web development roles.
- Strong understanding of WordPress architecture, themes, plugins, and best practices.
- Experience working with page builders like Elementor, Divi, or Beaver Builder.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex WordPress issues.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Familiarity with web hosting environments and domain management.
- Experience with eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce is a plus.
- Full-time salaried position
- Flex time — start anywhere between 6 am and 11 am.
- Work from either:
- Our office in the awesome 124st/Westmount neighborhood in Edmonton.
- Our new office in beautiful downtown Victoria, BC.
- Flexibility to work from home here and there
- Compensation starting at $50,000, with a guaranteed raise to $52,500 after a successful first year. This has room to be negotiated up based on past experience.
- 2 week paid vacation time + all civic holidays.
- Phone bill fully covered.
- Fully covered Blue Cross health benefits and our Personal Betterment Plan.
- $1000 Flexible Health Spending Account
- We'll supply you with a MacBook Pro that's yours for as long as you're with Pixel.
- Profit sharing plan (20%) based on years and hours worked.
Interested? Shoot us your resume to us (email@example.com) and any supporting materials you think showcase your talents!