Pixel is a growing web design and development firm located in Edmonton, AB, and we are looking to add an experienced full-time WordPress developer to our current team of twelve.
What You'll Do
- Help design and develop websites, eCommerce solutions, and small and large web based-applications, all using WordPress.
- Manage and troubleshoot all kinds of development or integration issues in WordPress.
- We are practitioner lead, which means you are the project manager and will communicate and coordinate your own tasks and projects directly with the client.
- Write clean + well structured code, and document it accordingly.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies and methods to maximize development efficiency.
- Development with PHP 8+ and MySQL.
- Have an excellent understanding of HTML and CSS / SCSS.
- Experience with Timber and the Twig template engine.
- Experience in using (or strategically not using) the WooCommerce platform and its marketplace of various plugins.
- Extensive knowledge in front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, Tailwind, Foundation, etc.
- Familiar with working in VM environments like Vagrant or Docker.
- Familiar with Composer, Gulp and other common development tools
- Ability to review Git branches from fellow developers, offer feedback, and resolve merges.
- Ability to handle cross-browser and mobile compatibility.
- Have a good time & joke around, but also know when to buckle down.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. We value communication as a core principle of our development team.
- Self motivated to learn/work and able to work independently.
- Always producing high-quality work, following the standards that Pixel has set for itself.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks while being deadline-oriented.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in computer science or related discipline.
- Website UI/UX/Visual Design Experience.
- Experience developing on other CMS Platforms like Shopify and CraftCMS.
- Experience with Amazon Web Service technologies including S3, EC2, RDS & Route 53.
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony.
- Knowledge in JS Frameworks like Angular or React.
- Experience with CI/CD tools. Preferably GitLab, but experience with any at all is a huge plus.
- Full-time salaried position.
- Flex time — start anywhere between 6 am and 11 am.
- Work in our brand new cozy office in the awesome 124st/Westmount neighbourhood in Edmonton.
- However there is flexibility to work from home here and there.
- Salary based on experience.
- 3 week paid vacation time
- Access to our Personal Betterment Plan
- Fully covered Blue Cross Health Benefits.
Interested? Shoot us your resume to us (email@example.com) and include a link to your GitHub account, or something similar!