Pixel is a growing web design and development firm located in Edmonton, AB. We are looking to add an experienced full-time Business Development Manager to our current team of twelve.
About the role
We are a growing solutions-focused digital firm that specializes in three areas:
- Building custom web-driven business solutions for our clients that often revolve around artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies.
- Designing and developing websites for small and medium-sized businesses, as well as for publicly funded agencies and non-profit organizations.
- Hosting and maintaining WordPress websites.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join our team and lead our efforts to grow our client base and strengthen our existing relationships. If you are the kind of person who loves using technology to help businesses solve their problems while being surrounded by a fun-loving, hard-working and slighty goofy group of people, we might be the place for you. You will work closely with our team of designers, developers, and account/project managers to identify new opportunities, craft compelling proposals, and close deals. You would report directly to the CEO and work alongside our CTO and Operations Manager to coordinate proposals and projects with the production team.
- Develop and execute sales strategies that drive leads and conversions, and identify new business opportunities and create compelling proposals to close deals.
- Collaborate with the design and development team to understand client needs and create tailored solutions.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of marketing and sales efforts.
- Attend industry events and network with potential clients to build relationships and generate leads.
- Manage our lead generation process in HubSpot and through our internal organization tools.
- Can create meaningful long-term relationships. We’re not in the business of selling one-off projects; most of our work comes from existing clients we’ve fostered relationships with over multiple projects over multiple years.
- A problem can't be solved if it isn't discovered first. We pride ourselves on being able to review others' business processes, and find areas of improvement.
- Ability to talk to owners, primary decision makers and C-suite executives in a compelling manner.
- Need to understand how technology can be applied to solve business problems.
- Can communicate effectively in both verbal and written fashion. At Pixel we value a well written email, and the time invested to call a client.
- To be successful in this role, you should have a strong background in sales, and account management. Preferably 3+ years in business-to-business sales selling custom business solutions. You should have a track record of success in closing deals, and growing revenue for small to medium sized businesses.
- Experience in the “Business Tech World” is of utmost importance. Understanding TikTok is well and good, but we expect the individual is familiar with acronyms such as CRM, LMS, ERP, API & AI/ML.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field. If not, we're excited to hear how and why you’ve transformed your career away from your formal education.
Bonus points for
- Experience doing account management for a wide variety of clientele, in a wide variety of settings.
- Experience doing project management on digital or technical projects, even if they were for sub-$20,000 projects.
- Being recognized as a top performer in a previous position or winning a business development award.
- Ability to run a tradeshow booth.
- Any kind of proposal or public grant writing experience.
- Having a large social media presence or referral network in place.
- Coding knowledge in any front- or back-end coding language (HTML, CSS, PHP, Java, etc.), experience with databases, and/or familiarity with WordPress.
Attitude & habits
- Some of the characteristics of the person we’re looking for are: willing to fail, internally motivated, a risk taker, curious, and fun-loving.
- We expect our staff to have a weekly list of proactive behaviors that help them excel in their role, this ranges right from the CEO to our development and maintenance team.
- We respond to emails quickly and get back to our client in a timely manner. We work with clients who value this type of communication and are fairly compensated by them for this service.
- We have fun, and hopefully you do to. If we’re going to spend 30% of our life at work, we might as well make it as enjoyable as possible. Having fun not only makes things enjoyable, but also creates bonds between people and removes barriers.
- Full-time salaried position
- Flex time — start anywhere between 6 am and 11 am.
- Work from either:
- Our office in the awesome 124st/Westmount neighborhood in Edmonton.
- Our new office in beautiful downtown Victoria, BC.
- Flexibility to work from home here and there
- Compensation starts at $70,000, with a raise to $85,000 after a successful first year. This has room to be negotiated up based on past experience.
- Incentive-based bonuses including uncapped commission on revenue brought in from new clients.
- 3 weeks paid vacation time.
- Phone bill fully covered.
- Fully covered Blue Cross health benefits and our Personal Betterment Plan.
Interested? Shoot us your resume to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and any supporting materials you think showcase your talents!